Legacy of the Forlorn
- Bleeding Arrow: A sharpened hollow tube made from the dried stalks of a carnivorous plant. Deals normal damage and causes 1 point of bleeding damage per round thereafter until the target is healed. 18 gp each. DC 25.
- Blunt Arrow: These arrows have rounded wooden tips. They deal bludgeoning damage rather than piercing damage. An archer can use a blunt arrow to deal nonlethal damage (at the normal –4 attack penalty for using a lethal weapon to deal nonlethal damage). 1 sp each. DC 15.
- Durable Arrow: Wrapped tightly in reinforced strands of alchemical glue, durable arrows do not break due to normal use, whether or not they hit their target and can be retrieved and reused. 1 gp each. DC 25.
- Dye Arrow: Deals no damage and splashes the target with brightly colored marker dye. Comes in black, blue, green, or red. Requires only a ranged touch attack. 1 gp each. DC 15.
- Flight Arrow: These arrows have light shafts and special fletchings to give them greater range. A flight arrow’s range increment is 20 feet greater with longbows, 10 feet greater with shortbows. They deal damage as if one size category smaller. 1 sp each. DC 15.
- Lodestone Arrow: Small alchemical reactants in the arrowhead cause it to be attracted to metal, giving a +4 bonus to hit against targets wearing metal armor but dealing half normal damage. Unpredictable in areas with a significant amount of magnetic metals. 10 gp each. DC 25.
- Masterwork Arrow: Any arrow can be made masterwork by adding 6 gp to its cost. DC 20.
- Pheromone Arrow: Deals normal damage and releases a potent scent that entices predators. Any creature with the scent ability gains a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls made against a target marked with a pheromone arrow. 15 gp each. DC 20.
- Raining Arrow: Contains a small reservoir of holy water that bursts on impact. Does normal holy water damage to vulnerable creatures in addition to the arrow’s regular damage, but has a -2 penalty to attack rolls due to its weight. 30 gp each. DC 20.
- Smoke Arrow: This arrow is actually a specially-shaped smokestick that can be fired from a bow. It trails smoke as it flies, and creates a 5-foot cube of smoke where it strikes. It otherwise functions like a normal arrow in terms of damage, range, and so on. 10 gp each. DC 20.
- Splintercloud Arrow: Shatters when fired, creating a 5-foot burst and dealing 1d3 damage to all targets (Reflex DC 18 negates). 25 gp each. DC 25.
- Trip Arrow: Fitted with a large, bulbous metal tip that expands and flattens in flight, initiating a trip attempt against the target. 25 gp each. DC 25.
- Fireflight Arrow: Coated with a special alchemical mixture, this arrow ignites from the friction of flying. As long as it travels 10 ft or more, the head of the arrow burns, dealing an extra +2 fire damage to the target it hits. As long as the head of the arrow sinks into a solid target, such as a tree or a wooden wall, the fire will extinguish itself. Shooting it into a something softer, such as a bale of hay, may ignite a fire. Coating the entire arrow in this alchemical mixture will not increase damage, but will instead consume the arrow in flight. 10 gp each. DC 25
- Curewort: Chewing a dose of dried curewort heals 1d8 points of damage. Typical price per dose is 25 gp; a single plant’s root is enough for 2-3 doses.
- Seerbloom: When ingested, this psychotropic root doubles the duration of any 1st, 2nd, or 3rd-level divination magic (up to 1 hour extra). Typical price per dose is 20 gp; a single plant’s root is enough for 1-3 doses.
- Sootheweed: The scent of these leaves, when crushed, has a calming effect on normal animals and beasts, reducing the DC of Handle Animal checks by 5. Sootheweed is cultivated in small gardens that generally yield one dose per month; price per dose is typically 35 gp.
- Tintalviel: This seed casing can be crushed to produce a sickly-sweet smell that cures nausea, and usually sells for 50 gp. When used on a non-nauseated target, however, it can actually induce nausea (DC 15 Fortitude save to resist; 1d6 round of nausea).
Minor Magic Items
- Waybread: Also called walking bread or walkbread, these delicious yellowish-brown oval biscuits feel remarkably heavy for their size (each biscuits weighs roughly one pound). One is enough to keep a belly full for an entire day and slakes thirst for that period as well. 50 gp.
- Ioun Torch: This item is merely a burned out, dull gray ioun stone with a continual flame spell cast upon it. It retains the ability to float and orbit, and allows the bearer to carry light and still have his hands free. It may be in any crystalline shape common to ioun stones (ellipsoid, prism, sphere, and so on). 75 gp.
Back to Main Page⇒ Metagame⇒ Unique Equipment